UPDATE: Research Guide on International Health Law
By Chenglin Liu
Chenglin Liu is an Assistant Professor of Law at St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas. Professor Liu is the author of Chinese Law on SARS (New York: W.S. Hein 2004), which is held by over 100 law libraries worldwide.
See the Archive Version!
Table of Contents
Globalization is no longer an abstract concept but an absolute reality that pervades every aspect of modern life. The interconnectedness of so many countries and places has led to a sharing of both prosperity and disaster on an unprecedented scale, as evidenced by the recent economic crisis. Globalization has also enabled the spread of diseases at an astounding speed, turning local epidemics into worldwide epidemics. SARS, avian flu and swine flu are but a few of the recent scares that have spread throughout the world at alarming speeds. This research guide provides information about the general trends in global diseases and legal efforts against them, effects on trade and human rights law, and legal research in International Health Law. A selected bibliography is available at the end of this research guide.
- Agency For Health Care And Research Of U.S. Dept of Health And Human Services
- America’s Vital Interest In Global Health
- China, P.R Ministry of Health
- China, P.R. Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)
- European Union ECDC
- Global Health.Gov
- Hong Kong Public Health
- Public Health Emergency of Canada
- South Africa Department of Health
- The World Health Organization
- U.S. Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)
- United Nations Progamme on HIV/AIDS (Unaids)
- Zimbabwe Ministry of Health and Child Welfare
- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (Ctbt) (Adopted In 1996)
- Convention For The Protection of Human Rights And Dignity of The Human Being With Regard To The Application of Biology And Medicine, And The Additional Protocol On The Prohibition of Cloning Human Rights (1998)
- Convention On Biological Diversity
- Convention On Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution
- Convention On The Prohibition Of The Development, Production And Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) And Toxin Weapons And On Their Destruction (1972) ( The Avalon Project At Yale Law School’s Website)
- Declaration of Alma-Ata (International Conference On Primary Health Care, 1978)
- Health Is Mentioned In Articles 7, 10, and 12.
- ILO Occupational Safety And Health Convention (1981)
- International Health Regulations 2005
- Kyoto Protocol To The United Nations Framework Convention On Climate Change (1997)
- Nuremberg Code And Declaration Of Helsinki (1964)
- The Charter of The United Nations (Article 57)
- The Convention On The Prohibition of The Development, Production, Stockpiling And Use of Chemical Weapons And On Their Destruction (1993)
- The Treaty On The Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (Npt) 1966
- The United Nations Framework Convention On Climate Change (1992)
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 25. (1) Everyone Has The Right To A Standard Of Living Adequate For The Health And Well-Being Of Himself And Of His Family, Including Food, Clothing, Housing And Medical Care And Necessary Social Services, And The Right To Security In The Event Of Unemployment, Sickness, Disability, Widowhood, Old Age Or Other Lack Of Livelihood In Circumstances Beyond His Control.
- Vienna Convention For The Protection of The Ozone Layer
- Who Constitution
- Wto Agreement On The Application of Sanitary And Phytosanitary Measures
- Responding To Public Health Emergencies: Resources: Maintained By Margaret R. Moreland, Pace University Law Library. This Is An Excellent Source On Public Emergency And Response.
- Public Health Emergency Response Guide For State, Local, And Tribal Public Health Directors
- Bioterrorism Planning And Response (From U.S. Agency For Healthcare Research And Quality’s Website)
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health (Pdph) Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
- Bioterrorism And Emerging Infections Education (University Of Alabama At Birmingham)
- Weill/Cornell Mass Prophylaxis/Vaccination Model Created By Nathaniel Hupert, Md, Mph, And Jason Cuomo, Mph © 2003 Weill Medical College Of Cornell University
- 50 State Summary of Emergency Contraception Laws (From The National Conference Of State Legislature’s Website)
- Pandemic Flu.Gov --One-Stop Access To U.S. Government Avian And Pandemic Flu Information. Managed By The Department Of Health And Human Services.
I. Selected Books
· Aboud, Frances E. Health Psychology In Global Perspective. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 1998
· Anand, Sudhir; Peter, Fabienne; Sen, Amartya Kumar. Public Health, Ethics, And Equity. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2004
· Beaglehole R. Global Public Health, A New Era. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press,2003
· Beaglehole R; Bonita R. Public Health At The Crossroads: Achievements And Prospects. Cambridge, Uk; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2004 2nd Ed.
· Beaglehole, R; Bonita, R. Public Health At The Crossroads: Achievements And Prospects. Cambridge, U.K.; New York, NY, USA: Cambridge University Press, 1997
· Behrman, Greg. The Invisible People: How The U.S. Has Slept Through The Global AIDS Pandemic, The Greatest Humanitarian Catastrophe Of Our Time. New York: Free Press, 2004
· Beigbeder, Yves. International Public Health: Patients' Rights vs. The Protection of Patents Aldershot Hants, Eng.; Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2004
· Biomed Central Ltd. Globalization And Health [London]: Biomed Central, 2005-
· BMC International Health And Human Rights [London]: Biomed Central, 2001-
· Bortolotti, Dan. Hope In Hell: Inside The World Of Doctors Without Borders Richmond Hill, Ont.: Firefly Books, 2004
· Bull, Chris. While The World Sleeps: Writing From The First Twenty Years of The Global Aids Plague. New York: Thunder Mouth Press; [Emeryville, CA]: Distributed By Publishers Group West, 2003
· Chandler, William U. Improving World Health: A Least Cost Strategy. Washington, D.C., Usa: Worldwatch Institute, 1984
· Chen, Lincoln C; Kleinman, Arthur; Ware, Norma C. Health And Social Change In International Perspective. Boston, Mass.: Dept. Of Population And International Health, Harvard School of Public Health: Distributed By Harvard University Press, 1993
· Chen, Lincoln C; Leaning, Jennifer, Narasimhan, Vasant. Global Health Challenges For Human Security. Cambridge, Mass.: Global Equity Initiative; Asia Center, Harvard University: Distributed By Harvard University Press, 2003
· Crompton D W T. Controlling Disease Due To Helminth Infections. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003
· Crosse, Marcia. Global Malaria Control U.S. And Multinational Investments And Implementation Challenges. Publication: Washington, DC: U.S. Government Accountability Office, 2005
· D'adesky, Anne-Christine. Moving Mountains: The Race To Treat Global AIDS. London; New York: Verso 2004
· Dakin, Theodora P. A History of Women's Contribution To World Health. Lewiston, N.Y.: Edwin Mellen Press, 1991
· Davis, Jonathan R; Lederberg, Joshua. Emerging Infectious Diseases From The Global To The Local Perspective: A Summary of A Workshop of The Forum On Emerging Infections. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press, 2001
· Eiseman, Elisa; Fossum, Donna. The Challenges of Creating A Global Health Resource Tracking System. Santa Monica, CA: Rand Corp., 2005
· Elbe, Stefan. Strategic Implications of HIV/AIDS/ Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003
· Fidler, David P. SARS: Governance And The Globalization of Disease. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004
· _____. International Law And Infectious Diseases. Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York: Oxford University Press, 1999
· Foege, William H. Global Health Leadership And Management. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2005 1st Ed.
· Foley, Ronan. World Health: The Impact On Our Lives. Austin, TX: Raintree Steck-Vaughn, 2003
· Fort, Meredith P; Mercer, Mary Anne; Gish, Oscar: Sickness And Wealth: The Corporate Assault On Global Health. Cambridge, Mass.: South End Press, 2004 1st Ed.
· Fried, Bruce And Gaydos, Laura M. World Health Systems: Challenges And Perspectives. Chicago: Health Administration Press 2002
· Gandy, Matthew And Zumla, Alimuddin. The Return of The White Plague: Global Poverty And The "New" Tuberculosis. London; New York: Verso 2003
· Global Infectious Disease Threat And Its Implications For The United States. United States. Washington, D.C.: Central Intelligence Agency, 2000
· Gray, Alastair; Payne, P R. World Health And Disease. Buckingham; Philadelphia: Open University Press, 2001 3rd Ed.
· Guest Greg. Globalization, Health, And The Environment: An Integrated Perspective. Lanham, MD: Altamira Press, 2005
· Gunn, S William. Understanding The Global Dimensions of Health. New York: Springer, 2005.
· Haider, Muhiuddin. Global Public Health Communication: Challenges, Perspectives, And Strategies. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones And Bartlett Publishers, 2005
· Hall, Ross Hume. Health And The Global Environment. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press, 1990
· Harris Richard L; Seid Melinda. Globalization And Health. Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2004
· Irwin, Alexander C; Millen, Joyce; Fallows, Dorothy. Global AIDS: Myths And Facts: Tools For Fighting The AIDS Pandemic. Cambridge, Mass.: South End Press, 2003
· Jenkins, C David. Building Better Health: A Handbook of Behavioral Change. Washington, D.C.: Pan American Health Organization, Pan American Sanitary Bureau, Regional Office of The World Health Organization, 2003
· Jolly, Richard; Cornia, Giovanni Andrea. The Impact of World Recession On Children. Oxford [Oxfordshire]; New York: Pergamon Press 1984 1st Ed.
· Kasmauski, Karen; Jaret, Peter. Impact: Dispatches From The Front Lines of Global Health. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Society, 2003
· Koivusalo, Meri; Ollila, Eeva. Making A Healthy World: Agencies, Actors, And Policies In International Health. Helsinki: Stakes; London; New York: Zed Books; New York, NY: Distributed By St Martin's Press, 1997
· Kolbe, Jim. Global Health: Global Fund To Fight Aids, Tb And Malaria Has Advanced In Key Areas, But Difficult Challenges Remain. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. General Accounting Office, 2003
· Koop, C Everett Etc. Critical Issues In Global Health. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass 2001 1st Ed.
· Koop, C Everett; Pearson, Clarence E; Schwarz, M Roy. Critical Issues In Global Health. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2002, 2001 1st Ed.
· Krug, Etienne G. World Report On Violence And Health Geneva: World Health Organization, 2002
· Labonte, Ronald N. Fatal Indifference The G8, Africa And Global Health. Lansdowne, South Africa: University Of Cape Town Press; Ottawa, Canada: International Research Development Centre 2004
· Lassey, Marie L; Lassey, William R; Jinks, Martin J. Health Care Systems Around The World: Characteristics, Issues, Reforms. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 1997
· Leaning, Jennifer; Briggs, Susan M; Chen, Lincoln C. Humanitarian Crises: The Medical And Public Health Response. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press 1999
· Lee, Kelley. Globalization And Health: An Introduction. Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2003
· Lee, Kelley; Buse, Kent; Fustukian, Suzanne. Health Policy In A Globalising World. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2001
· Lippman, Laura; Hobbs, Frank. Children's Well-Being: An International Comparison. [Washington, D.C.?]: U.S. Dept. Of Commerce, Bureau of The Census, 1990
· Liu, Chenglin. Chinese Law on SARS. New York: W.S. Hein, 2004
· Mann, Jonathan M; D Tarantola; Thomas W Netter. AIDS In The World. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1992
· Marlink, Richard G; Kotin, Alison G. Global Aids Crisis: A Reference Handbook. Santa Barbara, Calif.: Abc-Clio, 2004
· Matcha, Duane A. Health Care Systems of The Developed World: How The United States' System Remains An Outlier. Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 2003
· Mcelmurry, Beverly J; Kathleen F Norr; Randy Spreen Parker. Women's Health And Development: A Global Challenge. Boston, Mass.: Jones And Bartlett, 1993
· Mckee, Martin; Garner, Paul; Stott, Robin. International Co-Operation In Health. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2001
· Mcmichael, A J. Human Frontiers, Environments, And Disease: Past Patterns, Uncertain Futures. Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2001
· Mcmurray, Christine; Smith, Roy. Diseases of Globalization: Socioeconomic Transitions And Health. Sterling, VA.: Earthscan, 2001
· Merson, Michael H; Black, Robert E; Mills, Anne. International Public Health: Diseases, Programs, Systems, And Policies. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones And Bartlett, 2006 2nd Ed.
· Murray, Christopher J L; Lopez, Alan D. The Global Burden of Disease: A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality And Disability From Diseases, Injuries, And Risk Factors In 1990 And Projected To 2020. Cambridge, MA: Published By The Harvard School Of Public Health On Behalf of The World Health Organization And The World Bank; Distributed By Harvard University Press, 1996
· One World: The Health And Survival of The Human Species In The 21st Century Robert Lanza. Santa Fe, N.M.: Health Press, 1996
· Patton, Cindy. Globalizing AIDS. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2002
· Platt, Anne. Infecting Ourselves: How Environmental And Social Disruptions Trigger Disease. Washington, D.C.: Worldwatch Institute 1996
· Price-Smith, Andrew T. Plagues And Politics: Infectious Disease And International Policy. Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire; New York: Palgrave, 2001
· Quadros, Ciro A De. Vaccines: Preventing Disease & Protecting Health. Washington, D.C.: Pan American Health Organization, 2004
· Sen, Gita; George, Asha; Östlin, Piroska. Engendering International Health: The Challenge of Equity. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press 2002
· Shannon, Joyce Brennfleck. Worldwide Health Sourcebook: Basic Information About Global Health Issues, Including Malnutrition, Reproductive Health, Disease Dispersion And Prevention. Detroit, MI: Omnigraphics 2000 1st Ed.
· Shchepin, O P; Ermakov, V V. International Quarantine. Madison, Conn.: International Universities Press, 1989
· Siddiqi, Javed. World Health And World Politics: The World Health Organization And The Un System. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1995
· Smith, Richard. Global Public Goods For Health: Health, Economic, And Public Health Perspectives. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2003
· Smith. David F; Phillips, Jim. Food, Science, Policy, And Regulation In The Twentieth Century: International And Comparative Perspectives. London; New York: Routledge, 2000
· Tulchinsky, Theodore H; Varavikova, Elena. The New Public Health: An Introduction For The 21st Century. San Diego: Academic Press, 2000
· United Nations. Population, Development And HIV/AIDS With Particular Emphasis On Poverty: The Concise Report New York: United Nations, 2005
· Walley, John; John Wright; Hubley, John. Public Health: An Action Guide To Improving Health In Developing Countries. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2001
· Watts, S J. Disease And Medicine In World History. New York: Routledge, 2003
· Wermuth Laurie Ann. Global Inequality And Human Needs: Health And Illness In An Increasingly Unequal World. Boston, MA: Allyn And Bacon, 2003
· Whiteford, Linda M; Manderson, Lenore. Global Health Policy, Local Realities: The Fallacy of The Level Playing Field. Boulder, CO.: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2000
· Whiteford. Linda M; Whiteford, Scott. Globalization, Water & Health: Resource Management In Times of Scarcity. Santa Fe: School Of American Research Press; Oxford: James Currey, 2005 1st Ed.
· Wieners Walter W. Global Health Care Markets: A Comprehensive Guide To Regions, Trends, And Opportunities Shaping The International Health Arena. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2001 1st Ed.
· World Bank. Confronting AIDS: Public Priorities In A Global Epidemic. Oxford; New York: Published For The World Bank [By] Oxford University Press, 1999 Rev. Ed.
· World Bank. Confronting AIDS: Public Priorities In A Global Epidemic. Oxford, [Eng.]; New York: Oxford University Press; Washington, DC: Published For The World Bank, 1997
· World Bank. Confronting AIDS: Public Priorities In A Global Epidemic. Oxford; New York: Published For The World Bank [By] Oxford University Press, 1999 Rev. Ed.
· World Bank. Health, Nutrition & Population Washington, D.C.: Human Development Network of The World Bank Group1997
· World Health Organization. 25 Questions & Answers On Health & Human Rights. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2002
· World Health Organization. Genomics And World Health: Report of The Advisory Committee On Health Research. World Health Organization. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2002
· World Health Organization. The World Health Report Geneva: World Health Organization
· World Health Organization. World Health Statistics 2005. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2005
· Wynn, Barbara O; Dutta, Arindam; Nelson, Martha I. Challenges In Program Evaluation of Health Interventions In Developing Countries. Santa Monica, CA: Rand Corp., 2005
II. Selected Articles
· Abeyratne, Ruwantissa I.R. The Spread of Tuberculosis In The Aircraft Cabin - Issues of Air
Carrier Liability, 2000, 27 Transp. L. J. 41.
· _____. International Responsibility In Preventing The Spread of Communicable Diseases Through Air Carriage - The SARS Crisis, 2002, 30 Transp. L. J. 53.
· Aginam, Obijiofor. Between Isolationism And Mutual Vulnerability: A South-North Perspective On Global Governance of Epidemics In An Age of Globalization, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 297.
· Annas, George J. Blinded By Bioterrorism: Public Health And Liberty In The 21st Century, 2003, 13 Health Matrix 33.
· Arshagouni, Paul Symposium: Global Health And Wellness: A Response To International Health Threats: An Introduction To Medical Issues Posed By International Health Threats In A Legal Framework, 2004, 12 Mich. St. J. Int'l L. 199.
· Asher, Lauren Z. Note: Confronting Disease In A Global Arena, 2001, 9 Cardozo J. Int'l & Comp. L. 135.
· Barist, Jeffrey; Owen C. Pell; Eugenia Oshman; Matthew E. Hamel. Who May Leave: A Review of Soviet Practice Restricting Emigration On Grounds of Knowledge of "State Secrets" In Comparison With Standards of International Law And The Policies of Other States, 1987, 15 Hofstra L. Rev. 381.
· Barta, Peter A. Note: Lambskin Borders: An Argument For The Abolition Of The United States' Exclusion of HIV-Positive Immigrants, 1998, 12 Geo. Immigr. L.J. 323.
· Bishop David. Note: Lessons From SARS: Why The WHO Must Provide Greater Economic Incentives For Countries To Comply With International Health Regulations, 2005, 36 Geo. J. Int'l L. 1173.
· Blum, John D. Symposium: Global Health And Wellness: A Response To International Health Threats: Law As Development: Reshaping The Global Legal Structures of Public Health, 2004, 12 Mich. St. J. Int'l L. 207.
· Bris, Sonia Le, * Bartha Maria Knoppers, Lori Luther. Symposium: International Health Law: Article: International Bioethics, Human Genetics, And Normativity, 1997, 33 Hous. L. Rev. 1363,
· Bump, Christine P. Comment: Close But No Cigar: The WHO Framework Convention On Tobacco Control's Futile Ban On Tobacco Advertising, 2003, 17 Emory Int'l L. Rev. 1251.
· Burris, Scott, Jeffrey L. Dunoff. Symposium: SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance: Article: Foreword: Introduction To The Symposium On SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 143.
· Byrne, David. Is There A Lawyer In The House: The Law of Global Public Health, 2005, 33 J.L. Med. & Ethics 19.
· Cowan, Ian B. The Day SARS Came To Town: The Court's Role In Preventing Epidemics, 2003, 39 Court Review 4.
· Delisle, Jacques Symposium: SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance: Article: Atypical Pneumonia And Ambivalent Law And Politics: SARS And The Response To SARS In China, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 193.
· Demaria, Jr, Alfred. Globalization Of Infectious Diseases: Questions Posed By The Behavioral, Social, Economic And Environmental Context of Emerging Infections, 2004, 11 New Eng. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 37.
· Eckhardt, Joseph N. Note: Balancing Interests In Free Trade And Health: How The WHO's Framework Convention On Tobacco Control Can Withstand WTO Scrutiny, 2002, 12 Duke J. Comp. & Int'l L. 197.
· Evered, Timothy C. Foreign Investment Issues For International Non-Governmental Organizations: International Health Projects In China And The Former Soviet Union, 1996, 3 Buff. Jour. Int'l L. 153.
· Fidler David P. International Law And Global Public Health, 1999, 48 Kan. L. Rev. 1.
· _____. A Globalized Theory of Public Health Law, 2002, 30 J.L. Med. & Ethics 150.
· _____. Caught Between Paradise And Power: Public Health, Pathogenic Threats, And The Axis of Illness, 2004, 35 Mcgeorge L. Rev. 45.
· _____. Constitutional Outlines of Public Health's "New World Order", 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 247.
· _____. Global Challenges To Public Health: SARS: Political Pathology of The First Post-Westphalian Pathogen, 2003, 31 J.L. Med. & Ethics 485.
· _____. Open Forum: Mission Impossible? International Law And Infectious Diseases, 10 Temp. Int'l & Comp. L.J. 493 (1996).
· _____. Public Health And International Law: Bioterrorism, Public Health, And International Law, 2002, 3 Chi. J. Int'l L. 7.
· _____. Return of The Fourth Horseman: Emerging Infectious Diseases And International Law, 1997, 81 Minn. L. Rev. 771.
· _____. The Future of The World Health Organization: What Role For International Law? 1998, 31 Vand. J. Transnat'l L 1079.
· _____. The Globalization of Public Health: Emerging Infectious Diseases And International Relations, 1997, 5 Ind. J. Global Leg. Stud. 11.
· _____. Fighting The Axis of Illness: HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, And U.S. Foreign Policy, 2004, 17 Harv. Hum. Rts. J. 99.
· Finkle, Caryn L. Comment: Nestle, Infant Formula, And Excuses: The Regulation of Commercial Advertising In Developing Nations, 1994, 14 Nw. J. Int'l L. & Bus. 602.
· Flood, Colleen M. & Williams, Anthea. Symposium: Global Health And Wellness: A Response To International Health Threats: A Tale of Toronto: National And International Lessons In Public Health Governance From The SARS Crisis, 12 Mich. St. J. Int'l L. 229.
· Forrest, Michelle Using The Power of The World Health Organization: The International Health Regulations And The Future of International Health Law, 2000, 33 Colum. J.L. & Soc. Probs. 153.
· Gostin, Lawrence O. Health of The People: The Highest Law? 2004, 32 J.L. Med. & Ethics 509.
· _____. Pandemic Influenza: Public Health Preparedness For The Next Global Health Emergency, 2004, 32 J.L. Med. & Ethics 565.
· _____. World Health Law: Toward A New Conception of Global Health Governance For The 21st Century, 2005, 5 Yale J. Health Pol'y L. & Ethics 413.
· Gostin, Lawrence o; Berkman, Benjamin E. Pandemic Influenza: Ethics, Law, and the Public’s Health, 2007, 59 Admin. L. Rev. 121.
· Gostin, Lawrence O.; Gravely, Steven D.; Shakman, Steve, Howard Markel, And Cetron, Marty (Moderator). Concurrent Session: Building Emergency Legal Preparedness: Quarantine: Voluntary Or Not? 2004, 32 J.L. Med. & Ethics 83.
· Gruskin Sofia. Is There A Government In The Cockpit: A Passenger's Perspective Or Global Public Health: The Role of Human Rights, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 313.
· Harrington, Alexandra R. Germs on a Plane!: Legal Protections Afforded to International Air Travelers and Governments in the Event of a Suspected or Actual Contagious Passenger and Proposals to Strengthen Them, 2009, 22 J.L. & Health 295.
· Helfe, Laurence R. Symposium: SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance: Article: Politics, Power, And Public Health: A Comment On Public Health's "New World Order", 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 291.
· Hochberg, Francine A. Note: HIV/AIDS And Blood Donation Policies: A Comparative Study of Public Health Policies And Individual Rights Norms 2002, 12 Duke J. Comp. & Int'l L. 231.
· Johnson, Vincent R. And Bagley Brian T. Book Review: Fighting Epidemics With Information And Laws: The Case of SARS In China, 2005, 24 Penn St. Int'l L. Rev. 157.
· Jones, Julia A. Comment: International Control of Cholera: An Environmental Perspective To Infectious Disease Control, 1999, 74 Ind. L.J. 1035.
· Jost, Timothy Stoltzfus The Law-Medicine Center 50th Anniversary Symposium: The Field of Health Law: Its Past And Future: Comparative And International Health Law, 2004, 14 Health Matrix 141.
· Kinney, Eleanor D. The International Human Right To Health: What Does This Mean For Our Nation And World? 2001, 34 Ind. L. Rev. 1457.
· Lee, Emily. The World Health Organization's Global Strategy On Diet, Physical Activity, And Health: Turning Strategy Into Action, 60 Food Drug L.J. 569.
· Liu, Chenglin. Regulating SARS In China: Law As An Antidote? 2005, 4 Wash. U. Global Stud. L. Rev. 81.
· Lopez, Carlos Scott. Prolonged Administrative Detention of Illegal Arrivals In Australia: The Untenable HIV/AIDS Justification, 2005, 4 Wash. U. Global Stud. L. Rev. 263,
· McCarthy, Brian J. The World Health Organization And Infectious Disease Control: Challenges In The Next Century, 2000, 4 Depaul Int'l L.J. 115.
· Mcmenamin, Joseph P. Pandemic Influenza: Is There a Corporate Duty to Prepare? 2009, 64 Food & Drug L.J. 69.
· Meier, Benjamin Mason And Mori, Larisa M. The Highest Attainable Standard: Advancing A Collective Human Right To Public Health, 2005, 37 Colum. Human Rights L. Rev. 101.
· Meier, Benjamin Mason. International Protection of Persons Undergoing Medical Experimentation: Protecting The Right of Informed Consent, 2002, 20 Berkeley J. Int'l L. 513.
· Milne, Christopher-Paul. Racing The Globalization of Infectious Diseases: Lessons From The Tortoise And The Hare, 2004, 11 New Eng. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 1.
· Mitchell, Amanda. TamiFlu, The Takings Clause, and Compulsory Licenses: An Exploration of the Government’s Options for Assessing Medical Patents, 2007, 95 Cal. L. Rev. 535.
· Murray, Craig. Implementing the New International Health Regulations: The Role of the WTO’s Sanitary and Phytosanitary Agreement, 2009, 40 Geo. J. Int’l L. 625.
· O’Leary, Pieter M. Cock-a-Doodle-Doo: Pandemic Avian Influenza and the Legal Preparation and Consequences of an H5N1 Influenza Outbreak, 2006, 16 Health Matrix 511.
· O’Leary, Pieter M. Combating Nature’s Insurgency: TamiFlu and Vaccination in the Fight Against Avian Influenza, 2006, 10 Mich. St. U. J. Med. & L. 469.
· Oguamanam, Chidi. Between Reality And Rhetoric: The Epistemic Schism In The Recognition of Traditional Medicine In International Law 16 St. Thomas L. Rev. 59 (2003).
· Onzivu, William. Globalism, Regionalism, Or Both: Health Policy And Regional Economic Integration In Developing Countries, An Evolution of A Legal Regime? 2006, 15 Minn. J. Int'l L. 111.
· Pinet, Genevieve. The WHO European Program of Health Legislation And The Health For All Policy, 1986, 12 Am. J. L. And Med. 441.
· Plotkin, Bruce Jay Open Forum: Mission Possible: The Future of The International Health Regulations, 1996, 10 Temp. Int'l & Comp. L.J. 503.
· Qureshi, Sarah N. Note And Comment: Global Ostracism of HIV-Positive Aliens: International Restrictions Barring HIV-Positive Aliens, 1995, 19 Md. J. Int'l L. & Trade 81.
· Rogers, Holly. Note: Protecting Americans From Disease In A Global Society, 22 Suffolk Transnat'l L. Rev. 205 (1998).
· Rothstein, Mark A. Symposium: SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance: Article: Are Traditional Public Health Strategies Consistent With Contemporary American Values? 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 175.
· Sand, Peter H. Lessons Learned In Global Environmental Governance, 1991, 18 B.C. Envtl. Aff. L. Rev. 213.
· Sapsin, Jason W.; Gostin, Lawrence O.; Vernick, Jon S.; Burris, Scott Stephen; Teret, P. SARS And International Legal Preparedness, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 155, (2004).
· Sapsin, Jason; Kimball, Ann Marie, And Fidler, David (Moderator) Concurrent Session: E. Cross-Cutting Public Health And Legal Issue: International Trade Agreements: Vehicle For Better Public Health? 2005, 33 J.L. Med. & Ethics 111.
· Schwartz, Ariel R. Doubtful Duty: Physicians’’ Legal Obligation to Treat During an Epidemic, 2007, 60 Stan. L. Rev. 657.
· Schwartz, Robert. Foreword: Bioethics Policy: Looking Beyond The Power of Sovereign Governments, 1997, 33 Hous. L. Rev. 1283.
· Seamone, Evan R. The Duty To "Expect The Unexpected": Mitigating Extreme Natural Threats To The Global Commons Such As Asteroid And Comet Impacts With The Earth, 2003, 41 Colum. J. Transnat'l L. 735.
· Seamone, Evan R. The Precautionary Principle As The Law of Planetary Defense: Achieving The Mandate To Defend The Earth Against Asteroid And Comet Impacts While There Is Still Time, 2004, 17 Geo. Int'l Envtl. L. Rev. 1.
· Sell, Susan K. The Quest For Global Governance In Intellectual Property And Public Health: Structural, Discursive, And Institutional Dimensions, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 363.
· Silverglade, Bruce A. The WTO Agreement On Sanitary And Phytosanitary Measures: Weakening Food Safety Regulations To Facilitate Trade? 2000, 55 Food Drug L.J. 517.
· Smith Ii, George P. Human Rights And Bioethics: Formulating A Universal Right To Health, Health Care, Or Health Protection? 2005, 38 Vand. J. Transnat'l L 1295.
· Sohn, Myongsei; Jason Sapsin, Elaine Gibson, And Gene Matthews (Moderator) Concurrent Session: Building Emergency Legal Preparedness: Globalization, Public Health, And International Law, 2004, 32 J.L. Med. & Ethics 87.
· Stearns, Janet Ellen, Symposium: Voluntary Bonds: The Impact of Habitat Ii On U.S. Housing Policy, 1997, 16 St. Louis U. Pub. L. Rev. 419.
· Stein, Eric. International Integration And Democracy: No Love At First Sight, 2001, 95 A.J.I.L. 489.
· Taylor, Allyn L. Governing The Globalization of Public Health, 2004, 32 J.L. Med. & Ethics 500.
· _____. Controlling The Global Spread of Infectious Diseases: Toward A Reinforced Role For The International Health Regulations, 1997, 33 Hous. L. Rev. 1327.
· _____. Globalization And Biotechnology: Unesco And An International Strategy To Advance Human Rights And Public Health, 1999, 25 Am. J. L. And Med. 479.
· Taylor, Allyn Lise. Making The World Health Organization Work: A Legal Framework For Universal Access To The Conditions For Health, 1992, 18 Am. J. L. And Med. 301.
· Volansky, Mark J. Achieving Global Health: A Review of The World Health Organization's Response, 2002, 10 Tulsa J. Comp. & Int'l L 233.
· Wang, Ruotao, Symposium: SARS, Public Health, And Global Governance: Article: China's Response To SARS, 2004, 77 Temp. L. Rev. 149.
· Woo, Alyssa. Note: Health Versus Trade: The Future Of The WHO's Framework Convention On Tobacco Control, 2002, 35 Vand. J. Transnat'l L 1731.