UPDATE: Research and Bibliography for Korean Law Resources in English
By Jootaek Lee
Jootaek Lee is an assistant professor and librarian at Rutgers Law School (Newark). Mr. Lee is also an adjunct professor and an affiliated faculty for the Program on Human Rights and the Global Economy (PHRGE) at the Northeastern University School of Law. He is also a Massachusetts attorney and a prolific scholar and author. He has published in prestigious journals, including Georgetown Environmental Law Review, Law Library Journal, International Journal of Legal Information, Legal Reference Services Quarterly, Korea University Law Review, and Globalex. His research focuses on human rights to land, water and education, Asian practice of international law, especially human rights and international criminal law, legal informatics, Korean law and legal education, and pedagogy in law. He made numerous presentations at national and international conferences. He is active with the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) and the American Society of International Law (ASIL), having served on AALL’s Diversity Committee, CONELL Committee, and Awards Committee. He is the former Co-Chair of International Legal Research Interest Group of the ASIL (2012-2015) and the former president of Asian American Law Librarians Caucus of AALL (2013-2014).
Published November/December 2018
Table of Contents
This research guide with a bibliography attempts to help American legal scholars, law students, legal practitioners, and law librarians to conduct research on the law of the Republic of Korea ("South Korea") in English. The guide focuses on bibliographies, indexes, research guides, online databases, and books written or translated in English. In order to help Korean law researchers determine how useful or important a research resource/tool is for its specific research purpose, the guide also provides a brief annotation for indexes and bibliographies, research guides, and databases. In the last chapter, the guide includes a bibliography related to Korean law under the title, “Treatises,” where I selectively compiled about 240 books and doctoral dissertations about Korean law in English (1945-2008) that researchers can get in the United States either through their own library or through interlibrary loan request.
Since the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement entered into force on March 15, 2012, interest in South Korean (hereinafter "Korean") laws in the United States has been increasing. The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative sees the agreement providing U.S. exporters with more opportunities to sell their products and services in the Korean territory using their logistics, which will end up demanding more Korean law research in the United States. As of October 2018, among the 20 FTA countries US made free trade agreements with, Korea and Singapore are the only Asian countries. Additionally, citizens from both countries freely travel to the other country for business and traveling purposes; from November 17, 2008, South Korea joined the U.S. Visa Waiver program; as a result, U.S. citizens, on reciprocity, can visit South Korea without a visa for duration of up to 90 days for business and tourism.
South Korea not only has the civil law system heavily influenced by the German legal system, but also follows customary law and sound reasoning. Furthermore, American legal principles (the common law) have also affected Korean law since the liberation from Japan by the American forces in 1945.
Korea did not succeed any treaties concluded before August 15, 1948, when the government of the Republic of Korea was newly established. After its new establishment, Korea concluded 3,248 treaties—692 multilateral treaties and 2,556 bilateral treaties—by December 2017. The number of treaties increased recently—especially treaties dealing with free trade, prevention of double-taxation, social security, investment protection, extradition, and judicial assistance. Under Article 73 of the Constitution of the Republic of Korea (대한민국헌법; hereinafter "Constitution"), the President has the authority to adopt and ratify treaties. Similar to the democratic treaty-making practice of most states, this power of the President to ratify is checked by the National Assembly for a democratic purpose. While treaties must be consented to by the National Assembly, under Article 60(1) of the Constitution, the National Assembly's authority to consent to the adoption and ratification is limited to important treaties. Those include treaties relating to mutual assistance or mutual security, international organizations, friendship, trade and navigation, any restriction in sovereignty, legislative matters, peace treaties, and treaties that give important financial burdens to citizens or Korea. According to Article 6(1) of the Constitution, treaties are treated as domestic laws of Korea. Unlike the United States which distinguish treaties from executive agreements in terms of the weight of authority, Article 6(1) of the Constitution does not break down treaties by its designation. All treaties are equally treated as domestic law. All Korean treaties which are subject to the consent to the ratification by the National Assembly are treated same as domestic laws which must go through the consent procedure by the National Assembly.
Topically, Korean law can be broadly organized into public law, private and social law. Primary sources of law in Korea are Constitution & Statutes, Treaties, Emergency Executive Orders, Emergency Financial and Economic Executive Orders, Presidential decrees, Rules of the National Assembly, Rules of the Supreme Court, Rules of the Constitutional Court, Rules of the National Election Commission, Ordinances of the Prime Minister and Ministries, enforcement decrees, administrative rules, municipal ordinances and rules. The Korea Legislation Research Institute (KLRI) at its Statutes of the Republic of Korea website provides excellent summaries and graphics of Korean legislative system, categories of acts & subordinate statutes, hierarchy of authorities. Cases are secondary sources in Korea.
Bibliography of Asian Studiesin the Journal of Asian Studies/Association of Asian Studies (Ann Arbor, Mich.): A printed form is available from 1941 to 1991 period, and starting from 1991, the Bibliography of Asian Studies Online was launched with digitalized books, journal articles, conference proceedings, etc. from 1971. The online bibliography allows users to search and browse by journal title and country. This bibliography separately compiled materials from Korea, and divided them into different subjects such as Anthropology & Sociology, Arts, Biography, Communication & Media, Economics, Education, General & Miscellaneous, Geography, History, Language, Library & Information Sciences, Literature, Philosophy & Religion, Politics & Government, Psychology & Psychiatry, and Science & Technology. It classified legal materials under Politics and Governments and provides bibliographical information on more than 450 materials.
Introduction to Korean Legal Materials / Yong-Hui Kim (Seoul, Korea; originally published in Journal of Korean Law, v. 2, no. 1, 2002, pp. 125-66): This research guide and bibliography on Korean legal materials provides an annotated list of legal materials and annotations. This guide introduces Romanization of Korean, Korean citation rules, dictionaries, Korean legal system, and four major Korean collections in the United States. Furthermore, it provides various legal titles for Korean codes and cases in addition to Korean indexes and databases. This guide has not been updated since 2002; hence, many online hyperlinks and books provided are outdated.
Korean Bibliography / Library of Congress:“The Korean Section of the Library of Congress has prepared a bibliography of approximately 4,800 records of books about Korea in English up to 1995 held by the Library of Congress.” This resource is comprehensive and user-friendly, and users can search by keywords, author, title, and subject and by a topical term index. This bibliography provides bibliographical information on more than 110 historical legal materials in English.
Bibliographies before 1990:
- Kim, Chong-won & Carolyn Campbell Kim. 1970. Bibliography of materials on Korean law in the Harvard University libraries.
- Baik, ChungSook. 1980. Korean law: An annotated bibliography of English-language monographs. Washington, D.C.: Law Library, Library of Congress.
- T Susanne Lee. 1983. “Korean law: A selective bibliographical guide” in Korean Journal of International and Comparative Law (Former Korean Journal of Comparative Law), vol. 11, p.163-189. / Korea Journal of International and Comparative Law.
Index to Legal Periodicals: Legal Periodicals & Books & Legal Periodicals Retro / The H.W. Wilson Company: Index to Legal Periodicals Retrospective “indexes nearly 1000 legal periodicals published in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand” and covers from 1908 to 1981. Using Index to Legal periodicals & Books, users also can search more than 1,000 legal journals, law reviews, yearbooks, institutes, statutes, bar association publication, university publications, and government publications. In both databases, there are more than 120 articles on Korean law and legal issues in Korea from 1948. If a user wants to get a full text article, he ought to subscribe to Index to Legal Periodicals Full text.
Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals /American Association of Law Libraries: “Produced at the Berkeley Law Library, University of California Berkeley for the American Association of Law Libraries, the Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP) is the preeminent multilingual index to articles and book reviews appearing in over 500 legal journals published worldwide.” Its online version is now included in Hein Online and in addition to a search function, allows to browse by subjects, country, publication title, and year of publication. Coverage starts from 1960. This database allows users to find reference on more than 800 articles on Korean law, legal system, and legal issues in Korea. Journals, which contain Korean law articles, include Journal of Korean Law, Seoul Law Journal, Korea University Law Review, Korean Journal of Comparative Law, etc.
LegalTrac /Gale: This database allows users to search more than 1000 titles including law reviews, law journals, specialty law and bar association journals, and newspapers. Coverage starts from 1980. The database also allows users to browse contents by topic, and Korean articles from academic journals, magazines, and news is indexed under “South Korea.” There are references and sometimes, full text links to about 100 articles on Korean law and legal issues in Korea. Most periodicals, which contain Korean law, are published in the United States.
Index Master0:This database allows users to search index and table of contents of secondary legal titles. They “compiled thousands of titles from large and small legal publishers… and provided the actual index and tables of content” in the PDF file format. Index and table of contents of more than thousand books in this database contain the Korean-related contents.
7. Research Guides and Portals
Foreign Law Guide (Marci Hoffman, General Editor) / Brill (formerly known as Foreign Law Guide: Current Sources of Codes and Basic Legislation in Jurisdictions of the World) / Thomas H. Reynolds & Arturo A. Flores. Littleton, Colo.: F.B. Rothman, 1989-1998: This subscription database introduces geography, brief history including major milestones, language, government, legal system, and provides useful research guidance in Korean law research. This guide also provides a comprehensive list of names of session laws and authoritative resources for about 150 subjects to foreign legal practitioners. Each country guide is assigned to a country editor who is an expert researcher on the country’s law.
Guide to International Legal Research / Geo. Wash. Int’l L. Rev. Newark, NJ: Matthew Bender, 1990-: Chapter four of this book provides a comprehensive bibliographical list of Korean legal resources with Chinese and Japanese legal resources. The chapter is divided into four government resources, legal resources, media resources, and resources by topic. Government resources include constitutions, international treaties, general legislation, and administrative law; legal resources include court system, reporters, treatises, and law journals; media resources include newspapers, non-legal journals; specialized legal resources by topic include civil law and civil procedure, civil rights, criminal law, environmental law, family law, human rights, intellectual property, labor law, maritime law, military law, property, rule of law, commercial code, banking, foreign investment, import/export, business, and competition law.
Guide to Law Online / Law Library of Congress / Nations of the World / Korea: This guide provides online hyperlinks to various websites including Korean governments and official government publishers. It is organized into Constitution, executive, judicial, legislative, legal guides, and general sources.
Korean Law A-Z (former Korean Legal Research at the University of Washington) / William B. McCloy, updated by Rob Britt, Aug. 30, 2018. This guide provides up-to-date and comprehensive information on Korean law sources in both English and Korean. It covers Romanization of Korean, citation style, dictionaries, other research guides on Korean law, finding tools for books, journal articles, newspapers, and edited volumes. It also provides collections and tools for searching codes and cases in both English and Korean, and introduces various official websites of Korean governments.
Korean LII: Korean Law via the Internet: This wiki style website was developed in 2011 by a law professor in Kyung Hee University. Initiated at the GLIN Directors’ Meeting in Seoul, Korean LII committed to the free access to law movement, seeking collective intelligence. This provides topical wiki summaries and articles in English about Korean laws such as public law (constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, procedural law, etc.), private law (property law, security, contract law, torts, family law, corporate law, corporate finance, payment, insurance, transportation, etc.), specific law (privacy law, information law, technology law, fair trade law, banking, finance, labor law, insolvency), and international law.
“Republic of Korea Law Digest” in Martindale-Hubbell International Law Digest / Kim & Chang: Martindale-Hubbell International Law Digest provides “summaries of statutory law compiled and revised by distinguished lawyers and legal scholars of the respective countries for 80 countries, arranged by main subject categories, then topics and subheadings.” The latest version is 2006, and summaries that are more recent are available in Lexis. The “Republic of Korea Law Digest” in print covers legislation by 2005, and was written by attorneys in one of the biggest law firms in Korea. The digest provides practical tips for legal practitioners, and contains 23 different topics. Topics are arranged alphabetically, and main topics are business regulation and commerce, civil actions and procedures, alternative dispute resolution, employment, environment, estates and trusts, family, foreign trade and commerce, immigration, intellectual property, taxation, and treaties. Each topic is further divided into several subtopics, which have summaries of relevant law and citations to sources.
South Korean Law Research on the Internet / Hyeon-Cheol Kim & Inyoung Cho, Jan. 2008(updated2017): This research guide was prepared by two Korean judges and provides up-to-date information on internet legal resources, which contained Korean legal sources. With the introduction to the Korean legal system and a brief history of Korean law, the guide introduces various useful websites, where legal researchers can get full texts for Korean statutes, rules, regulations, treaties, cases, journals, news, etc. Most of the websites introduced, however, are in Korean.
8. Databases (Free Internet and Subscription)
Recently, many Korean government and court websites provide Korean laws free of charge while most of them disclaim the accuracy of English translation. For example, the Korea Legislation Research Institute (KLRI) affiliated with the National Assembly of Korea, is providing an English database, Statutes of the Republic of Korea. The Ministry of Government Legislation website also provides Korean Laws in English, which contains the list of 912 current Korean acts in English and allows search by keywords and title. Its separate database, called “국가법령정보센터” (Kukga Bobryung Jungbo Center, National Legal Information Center) provides more than 12,255 Korean law in English. The National Assembly website itself provides under the "Laws & Bills" heading, English translations of Constitution of the Republic of Korea, National Assembly act, foreigner-related laws, and recently passed bills. The Constitutional Court of Korea also provides English translation of the Constitution of the Republic of Korea and Constitutional Court Act as well as their cases. Selected Supreme Court cases in English are available at the website of the Supreme Court.
The following databases are databases developed and maintained outside of South Korea.
Asian Legal Information Institute (AsianLII): “The Asian Legal Information Institute is a non-profit and free access website for legal information from all 27 countries and territories in Asia…” The Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII) is developing this database in cooperation with partner institutions in Asian countries, and the Korean Legislation Research Institute is helping AustLII include Korean legislation. This database allows users to search Laws of the Republic of Korea (1948-2010), Constitutions of Asian Countries (1987), Cases from the Korean Constitutional Court (1998-2011) and Supreme Court (2000-11), and legal materials provided by the Korea Legislation Research Institute and the Global Legal Information Network (GLIN) of the United States Law Library of Congress.
Constitutions of the Countries of the World: This database by Oxford contains texts of the Constitution as amended in 1987 and the Constitution Court Act as amended in 2007. It also contains an in-depth article on Korean Constitution, and selected bibliographies on Korean Constitutions.
HeinOnline: The World Constitutions Illustrated library contains the original text and revisions of Constitutions of the Republic of Korea. Journals included in the Law Journal Library are Journal of Korean Law (2001-current), Korean Journal of International and Comparative Law (1973-2006), Korea University Law Review (2007-current), Yonsei Law Journal (2010-), Columbia Journal of Asian Law (1987-current), Asian American Law Journal (1994-current), Asia Pacific Journal of Health Law & Ethics (2007-current), Asian Business Lawyer (2008-current), Asian-Pacific Law & Policy Journal (2000-current), and Asian Journal of WTO & International Health Law & Policy (2006-current). Asian Yearbook of International Law (1991-2014) is included in the separate library, Foreign & International Resources Database.
Westlaw: WestlawNext uniquely contains a Korean law database – only one comprehensive civil law system database. In Korea, LawnB is the most popular, comprehensive commercial database, containing statutes, decrees, rules and ordinances, cases, and treatises in Korean. However, it does not provide English translations. LawnB was acquired by Thomson Reuters on March 30, 2012. Westlaw began providing Korean cases, legislation, and law review and journals articles in English from 2013; the Korea Reports database cover cases from the Supreme Court, appellate and trial courts from 2000, and the Korea Legislation database provides selected legislation including the current Constitution provided by the Korean Ministry of Government Legislation. It also contains Korean newspaper databases such as Korea Times and some journal databases that have articles on Korean law and legal systems. Journals included are:
- Asian Business Lawyer (2008-)
- Asian Journal of WTO & International Health Law & Policy (2006- );
- Columbia Journal of Asian Law (1987-(selected coverage); 1994-(full coverage)
- Hanyang Journal of Law (2014-)
- Journal of Korean Law (2001-)
- Korea Legislation Research Institute Journal of Law and Legislation (2011-)
- Korea University Law Review (2007-)
- Sunkyunkwan Journal of Science and Technology Law (2007-)
- Yonsei Law Journal (2010-)
- A comparative analysis of the taxation of fringe benefits in the United States and Korea / Kim, Cheong-Ha. Publication: Getzville, NY: William S. Hein & Co., Inc., 2014, 2007.
- A comparative study on consumer protection legislation in China and South Korea / Choi, Jiyeon. Publication: Seoul: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2013.
- A comparative study on consumer protection legislation in Mongolia and South Korea / Lee, Seo Young.; Lundendorzh, Nanzaddorzhiin. Publication: Seoul: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2013.
- A family affair: the political economy of media ownership in the Republic of Korea (1998-2012) / Kim, Chunhyo, dissertant. Publication: Ann Arbor, MI: UMI Dissertation Publishing, ProQuest LLC, 2014.
- Agreement between the government of New Zealand and the government of the Republic of Korea concerning the co-production of films: Wellington, 29 September 2008 (entered into force for New Zealand 10 October 2008) / Corp Author: Korea (South). Publication: Wellington, N.Z.: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, 2012.
- An analysis of Korean legislative development in relation with economic growth: Information technology policy and law / Im, Hyon, Yi, Chun-so. Publication: Seoul: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2013.
- Antitrust law in China, Korea, and Vietnam. Furse, Mark. Publication: Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Bioethics and Safety Act: South Korea's Bioethics and Safety Act, [revised as of June 5, 2008], effective as of December 6, 2008, Act. no. 9100/ Chang, Yong-min. Corp Author: Korea (South). Publication: Seoul: Bioethics Policy Research Center, 2009.
- Claims to territory between Japan and Korea in international law / Kim, Pilkyu, 1940-2010. Publication: Bloomington, Indiana: Xlibris, 2014.
- Comparative private law / Müller-Chen, Markus; Müller, Christoph, and others. Publication: Zurich: Dike, 2015.
- Competition law in Korea: basic concepts, practices and cases / Lee, Harry h. Publication: [California]: [Createspace], 2015.
- Competition law in the Republic of Korea / Koh, Kyung-Min.; Hyun, Jung-Won. Publication: Alphen aan den Rijn [The Netherlands]: Wolters Kluwer, 2011.
- Confucianism, law, and democracy in contemporary Korea / Kim, Sungmoon. Publication: London; Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield International, Ltd., 2015.
- Consumer protection law: an evaluative analysis of Korean legislative development in relation with economic growth / Lee, Ji-Yoon. Publication: [Seoul]: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2012.
- Corporate social responsibility in Korea: a legal perspective / You, Jeehye. Publication: Buffalo, N.Y.: William S. Hein, 2012.
- Corporation laws & cases of South Korea / Lee, Jong-Hoon (Lawyer).
- Corporations and partnerships in South Korea / Chun, Kyung-Hoon, 1972-; Kim, Kon-Sik,; Rho, Hyeok-Joon,, and others; Publication: Alphen aan den Rijn: Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
- Current issues in Korean law / Mayali, Laurent,; Yoo, John, Publication: Berkeley, California: The Robbins Collection, Berkeley Law, University of California at Berkeley, 2014.
- Cybercrime in the Republic of Korea, I. Criminal law and policy on cybercrime / Publication: Seoul: Korean Institute of Criminology, 2012.
- Cybercrime in the Republic of Korea. II: Criminal justice and international cooperation for cybercrime prevention. Publication: Seoul: Cybercrime Research Unit, Korean Institute of Criminology, 2014.
- Digital real-estate registration system in Korea for supporting legal exchange / Pak, Kwang-dong. Publication: Soul T'ukpyolsi: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2009.
- Divided dynamism: the diplomacy of separated nations/ Metzler, John J. Publication: Maryland: Univ Press of America, 2014.
- Dokdo: historical appraisal and international justice / Lee, Seokwoo,; Lee, Hee Eun. Publication: Leiden: Nijhoff, 2011.
- Dominant firms and competitive process: lessons from the U.S. and implications for Korean competition policy / Kim, Nam Woo. Publication: Washington, D.C.: American University, Washington College of Law, 2009.
- Economic development and law in Korea / Kim, Chan-Jin. Publication: Seoul, Korea: Catholic University of Korea Press, 2009.
- Energy law in Korea / Kim, Chong-ch'on (Legal researcher). Publication: Sejong Metropolitan Autonomous City: KLRI, Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2015.
- Environmental policy and law: an evaluative analysis of Korean legislative development in relation with economic growth / Yi, Chun-so. Publication: [Seoul]: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2012.
- Equal employment policies in Korea: an introductory guide / Kim, Hui-gyong (Researcher in labor studies). Publication: Seoul, Korea: Korea Labor Institute, 2011, ©2011.
- Failures of American civil justice in international perspective / Maxeiner, James R., Auteur; Lee, Gyooho; Weber, Armin, and others Publication: Cambridge; New York; Melbourne [etc]: Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Food safety management and future plans in Korea / Chong, Ki-hye. Publication: Seoul, Korea: KIHASA (Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs), 2009.
- Formation of social infrastructure: an evaluative analysis of Korean legislative development in relation with economic growth / Jin, Yinhuan. Publication: [Seoul]: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2012.
- German and Asian perspectives on company law: law and policy perspectives / edited by Holger Fleischer, Hideki Kanda, Kon Sik Kim and Peter Mülbert. / Fleischer, Holger,; Kanda, Hideki,, and others.
- Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes: Combined. / Publishing, OECD; Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Publication: Paris: OECD Publishing, 2014.
- Guide for Korea's the industrial accident compensation insurance act and its practices / Yi, Kyong-hui (Legal researcher). Publication: Soul T'ukpyolsi: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2009.
- Historical, geographical and legal analyses on Dokdo. Publication: Seoul: Northeast Asian History Foundation, 2016.
- History of economic laws in Korea: from liberation to present / Kim, Duol. Publication: Seoul: Haenam Publishing Co., 2011.
- Housing market in Korea: recent trends & future financial policy directions / Chang, Min, research economist.; Lee, Kyoobok,; Lim, Hyungjoon. Publication: Seoul, Korea: Korea Institute of Finance, 2010.
- How court organization law led to the modern judicial system of Korea: Laws and trials in the late Joseon period / Publication: Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Library of Korea, 2016.
- Insurance law in South Korea / Park, Semin. Publication: Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands: Kluwer Law International, 2015.
- International sports law and the Republic of Korea: current problems / Lee, Jae Soog. Publication: [Buffalo, N.Y.]: William S. Hein & Company, 2009. Dissertation: S.J.D.; University of Wisconsin--Madison; 2009.
- Introduction to Korean law / Publication: Heidelberg: Springer, 2013.
- Investment guide to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Publication: DPR Korea: Korea Foreign Investment and Economic Cooperation Committee, 2016.
- Island disputes and maritime regime building in East Asia: between a rock and a hard place / Koo, Min Gyo. Publication: New York: Springer, 2009.
- Issues and Challenges in Corporate and Capital Market Law: Germany and East Asia. / Fleischer, Holger; Kanda, Hideki, and others Publication: Tübingen Mohr Siebeck 2018.
- Korea: public health insurance system, legislation and ethics of clinical trials, stem cell research and end of life care / Choi, Kyungsuk. Publication: Munchen: AVM, 2012.
- Korea North: current investment, trade and business laws handbook / Publication: Washington, D.C.: International Business Publications, USA, 2010.
- Korea North: doing business, investing in North Korea Guide / Publication: Washington, D.C.: IInternational Business Publications, USA, 2010.
- Korea North: investment, trade laws and regulations handbook. Publication: Washington DC, USA: International Business Publications, USA, 2010.
- Korea North: mineral, mining sector investment and business guide. Volume 1, Strategic information and regulations. Publication: Washington, DC: International Business Publications, USA, 2013.
- Korea North business law handbook. Publication: Washington, D.C.: International Business Publications, USA, 2010-.
- Korea North, banking and financial markets handbook, Volume 1, Strategic information and regulations. Publication: Washington, D.C.: International Business Publications, USA, 2014.
- Korea South: business law handbook. monograph. Publication: Washington, DC: International Business Publications, 2009.
- Korea South: business law handbook. Volume 1, Strategic information and basic laws. Publication: Washington, DC: International Business Publications, USA, 2013.
- Korea South: Internet and e-commerce investment and business guide. Publication: Washington, DC, USA: International Business Publications, USA, 2010-.
- Korea South: telecom laws and regulations handbook. Volume 1, Strategic information and basic regulations. Publication: Washington DC, USA: International Business Publications, USA, 2009.
- Korean business law /Kim, Hwa-jin. Publication: Cheltenham, U.K.; Northampton, Mass.: Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Korean business law: the legal landscape and beyond /Kim, Jasper. Publication: Durham, N.C.: Carolina Academic Press, 2010.
- Korean financial deregulation and internationalization in the 1980s and the 1990s / Ko, Tong-won. Publication: Seoul, Republic of Korea: Dongbang Publishing Inc., 2014.
- Korean maritime sovereignty / Pak, Ch'ang-sok.; Pak, Ung-gyok. Publication: Seoul: Korea Inst. of Public Administration, 2012.
- Korean ODA policy and law / Kim, Pong-ch'ol. Publication: Seoul: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies Knowledge Press, 2015.
- Labour and employment compliance in the Republic of Korea / Cho, Sang Wook.; Carr, Brendon; Lee, Soojung, and others. Publication: Alphen aan den Rijn: Wolters Kluwer; [London]: International Bar Association, 2016.
- Law and custom in Korea: comparative legal history / Kim, Marie Seong-Hak. Publication: Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2014, 2012.
- Law and democracy in South Korea: democratic development since 1987 / Yoon, Dae kyu. Publication: Boulder, Colo.: Lynne Rienner, 2010.
- Law and democracy in South Korea: democratic development since 1987 / Yun, Tae-gyu. Publication: Seoul, South Korea: Institute for Far Eastern Studies, Kyungnam University; Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2010.
- Law and policy on Korean unification: analysis and implications / Pak, Chong-ch'ol; No, Chong-ho. Publication: Seoul: Korea Institute for National Unification, 2014.
- Law crossing Eurasia: from Korea to the Czech Republic = Julasia täljukul kwan tchowghanun pop: Hankukeso Cchekcho konghwakuk kkaci / Moon, Jaewan; Tomásek, Michal, Publication: Passau; Berlin; Prague: rw&w Science & New Media, 2015.
- Laws of Korea / Kim, Ryul.; Sim, U-jong. Publication: Irvine, CA: US-Korea Law Foundation, 2013.
- Laws on green growth in Korea / Corp Author: Korea (South). Publication: Seoul: Ministry of Government Legislation, Republic of Korea, 2010.
- Legal perspectives on corporate social responsibility: lessons from the United States and Korea / You, Jeehye. Publication: New Delhi; Heidelberg: Springer, 2015.
- Legal philosophers in Korea / Publication: Seoul: Sechang Publishing Co., 2014.
- Legal reform in Korea / Ginsburg, Tom. Publication: London: Routledge, 2012, 2004.
- Litigation in Korea / Cho, Kuk, Publication: Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2010.
- Lost and found in translation: circulating ideas of policy and legal decision processes in Korea and Germany / Lee, Eun-Jeung; Mosler, Hannes B. Publication: Berlin; New York: Peter Lang, 2015.
- Making dispute resolution more effective: MAP peer review report. Korea. Stage 1. Publication: Paris: OECD Publishing, 2018.
- Making we the people: democratic constitutional founding in postwar Japan and South Korea / Ham, Chae-hak & Kim, Sung Ho. Publication: New York, NY: Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Modern Korean family: a sourcebook / Eun, Ki-Soo.; Moon, Hyuna.
- National criminal law in a comparative legal context. Volume 1.2, Introduction to national systems: national characteristics, fundamental principles, and history of criminal law: Australia, Cote d'Ivoire, Greece, South Korea / Sieber, Ulrich,; Jarvers, Konstanze, Publication: Berlin: Duncker & Humblot, 2013.
- New initiatives on international cooperation in criminal justice / Kim, Jun-gyu, 1955-; Hwang, Ch'ol-gyu. Publication: Gwanak-gu, Seoul: SNU Press, 2012.
- North Korea, international law and the dual crises: narrative and constructive engagement / Tan, Morse. Publication: London: Routledge, 2015.
- On the Asian and European origins of legal and political systems: views from Korea, Kazakhstan and France / Chung, Tai-uk; Sairambaeva, Zhuldyz. Publication: Bruxelles; New York: P.I.E. Peter Lang, 2018.
- Potential regulatory systems for carbon capture and sequestration (CCS): legal analysis of the current and future regulatory systems and recommendations for acceptance in South Korea / Park, MoonSook & Applegate, John S., Publication: [Bloomington, Indiana]: Indiana University, 2017. Dissertation: S.J.D; Washington College of Law; 2010.
- Protecting corporate whistleblowers in Korea: lessons from the Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts / Jung, Eun Hye. Publication: Buffalo, New York: William S. Hein, 2013.
- Res judicata effect of ADR in U.S. and Korea: is there any principle or rationale resolving the question of 'contractual effect or res judicata effect'? / Lee, Jinkyoo. Publication: 2010.
- Research on the validity of an embedded defense used as a defense substitution to hostile takeovers: is the embedded defense valid in the U.S. or Korean law? / Kim, Sangman. Publication: Buffalo, New York: William S. Hein, 2013.
- Rule of Law in South Korea. / Mo, Jongryn.; Brady, David W. Publication: Hoover Institution Press, 2010.
- Rule of law opens a new era: Laws and trials of the Joseon dynasty. Publication: Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Library of Korea, 2016.
- Secondary copyright liability in an age of technological innovation: inevitable application of patent rules to indirect copyright infringement for the balance between creativity and innovation / Kim, Changhwa. Publication: 2012. Dissertation: S.J.D.; University of Wisconsin--Madison; 2012.
- Sixteen points for understanding the truth about Dokdo / Sin, Yong-ha. Publication: Chungchongnam-do, Korea: Independence Hall of Korea, 2012.
- Ten truths about Dokdo not known in Japan. Publication: Seoul: Northeast Asian History Foundation, 2013.
- The chronicle of Dokdo, 1905 / Ye, Yong-jun. Publication: Seoul, Korea: Chagbat, 2013.
- The Dokdo/Takeshima controversy / study based on historical materials / Pak, Pyong-sop; Naito, Seichu, Publication: Seoul, Korea: National Assembly Library, 2009.
- The effectiveness of electronic monitoring in Korea / Han, Min Kyung, 1981. Publication: Berlin: Duncker & Humblot; Freiburg i. Br.: Max-Planck-Institut für ausländisches und internationales Strafrecht, 2017.
- The emotions of justice gender, status, and legal performance in Choson Korea Kim, Jisoo M. VerfasserIn. Publication: Seattle London University of Washington Press 2015.
- The global implications of Korean law. Publication: [Place of publication not identified]: Korea Legislation Research Institute, 2014.
- The history of immigration policy in Korea: building a multicultural society together / Kim, Won-sook. Publication: [Kwangju, Korea]: Chonnam National University Press, 2012.
- The legal system of collective bargaining in Korea: an introductory guide / Cho, Sang-gyun. Publication: Seoul: Korea Labor Institute, 2013.
- The making of international law in Korea: from colony to Asian power / Yi, Sog-u, 1967- & Lee, Hee Eun, Publication: Leiden; Boston: Brill Nijhoff, 2016.
- The May 18 democratic uprising in law. Publication: Gwangju-si: The May 18 Memorial Foundation, 2010.
- The people of colonial Joseon seek path to rule of law: laws and trials in the Japanaese colonial period / Dc Supreme Court Library of Korea. Publication: Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Library of Korea, 2017.
- The rise of the right to privacy and equal protection: the application of the American experience to South Korea / Song, Hyun Jung. Publication: 2015.
- The rule of law in South Korea / Mo, Jongryn; Brady, David W. Publication: Stanford (Calif.): Hoover Institution Press, Stanford University, 2010, ©2009.
- The rule of law in South Korea Brady, David W.; Mo, Jong lyn Publication: Stanford, Calif Hoover Institution Press, Stanford University 2010.
- The spirit of Korean law: Korean legal history in context / Kim, Marie Seong-Hak. Publication: Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2016.
- The story of Dokdo residents. Publication: Daegu-si: Gyeongsangbuk-do, 2011-10-25.
- The Supreme Court of Korea. Publication: [Seoul]: National Court Administration, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Korea, 2011.
- The UN non-proliferation sanctions on North Korea: assessment and suggestions / Chong, Un-suk, 1956-. Publication: Kyonggi-do Songnam-si: Sejong Yon'guso, 2013.
- Trade law and regulation in Korea / Chang, Sung-hwa.; Ch'oe, Won-mok. Publication: Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2011.
- Transport law in South Korea / Kim, In-hyon. Publication: Alphen an den Rijn, The Netherlands: Wolters Kluwer, 2017.
- Twenty years of the Constitutional Court of Korea / Publication: Seoul: The constitutional Court, 2010.
- U.S. and UN sanctions on North Korea: targets, implementation, and challenges / Holmes, Kimberly, Publication: New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2015.
- Wrongful deaths: selected inquest records from nineteenth-century Korea / Kim, Son-ju Publication: Seattle: Univ. of Washington Press, 2014
10. Korean Law Books Index (1945-2008)
- An, Jae-Wook. 1999. Regulations On Financial Institutions. CFE Papers On Korean Economy; 7. Seoul, Korea: Korea Center For Free Enterprise.
- Bae, Joon Suk. Bloomington Indiana University, And School Of Law. 2008. Pension Systems And Inflation-Indexed Bond: A Study Of Strengthening Retirement Income Security Through Comparative Analysis Of The United States And Korean Systems.
- Baik, Chungsook. 1980. Korean Law, An Annotated Bibliography Of English-Language Monographs. Washington, D.C.: Law Library, Library Of Congress.
- Baker, Edward J. 1979. The Role Of Legal Reforms In The Japanese Annexation And Rule Of Korea, 1905-1919. Studies In East Asian Law; No. 1; Variation: Occasional Papers Of The Center For Korean Studies; No. 9. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard Law School.
- Baliño, Tomás J. T., And Angel J. Ubide. 1999. The Korean Financial Crisis Of 1997: A Strategy Of Financial Sector Reform. IMF Working Paper; WP/99/28. Washington, D.C.: International Monetary Fund, Monetary And Exchange Affairs Department.
- Ch`Oe, Chong-Go. 2005. Law And Justice In Korea: South And North. Seoul: Seoul National University Press.
- Ch`Oe, Tae-Gwon. 1980. Law And Social Change, The Korean Experience. Ann Arbor: University Microfilms International.
- Ch`Oe, Tae-Gwon, And Kahei Rokumoto. 2007. Judicial System Transformation In The Globalizing World: Korea And Japan. Seoul, Korea: Seoul National University Press.
- Chang, Sung-Hwa, And Won-Mog Choi. 2009. Trade Law And Regulation In Korea. Elgar Korean Law Series. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Chee, Choung Il. 1999. Korean Perspectives On Ocean Law Issues For The 21st Century. Nijhoff Law Specials; V. 42. The Hague; Boston: Kluwer Law International.
- Chee, Choung Il, And Taehan Choksipchasa. 1990. Protection And Assistance For The Refugees In International Law And Experience Of Korea National Red Cross. Seminar On International Humanitarian Law (11th; 1990; Seoul, Korea). Seoul, Korea: Humanitarian Law Institute, The Republic Of Korea National Red Cross.
- Chiu, Hungdah. 1984. Exploration And Exploitation Of Ocean Resources In The Western Pacific: The Legal And Political Implications For Regional Cooperation And Joint Prosperity. Seoul: The Korean Institute Of International Studies.
- Cho, Hong Sik, And World Jurist Association. 1999. The Development Of Korean Environmental Law: A Lesson For Developing Countries. Work Paper; 19th Biennial Conference On The Law Of The World (19th; 1999; Budapest, Hungary And Vienna, Austria).
- Cho, Keu Cab. 1962. Problems Arising From The Legal Doctrines And Practices Of The Korean Marital Law. Dissertation: Thesis (J.S.D.), Yale Law School.
- Choe, Chang-Su. 2006. Antitrust Adaptation Of Economic Analysis For Inferring Concerted Conduct From Competitors' Parallel Pricing: Insights And Directions To Strengthen Korean Antitrust Jurisprudence. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), University Of Washington.
- Choi, Dai-Kwon. 1976. Law And Social Change The Korean Experience. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.), University Of California At Berkeley. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms.
- Choi, Wan Sik. 1987. An Introduction To Korean Air Law. Work Paper, Seoul Conference On The Law Of The World, September 6-11, 1987. Washington, D.C.: World Peace Through Law Center.
- Chon, Pong-Dok. William Shaw, And Tae-Gwon Ch`Oe.1980. Traditional Korean Legal Attitudes. Korea Research Monograph; 2. Berkeley, California: Institute Of East Asian Studies, University Of California, Berkeley, Center For Korean Studies.
- Chun, Shin-Yong. International Cultural Foundation. 1982. Legal System Of Korea. Korean Culture Series; 5. Seoul: Si-Sa-Yong-O-Sa.
- Chwa, Sung-Hui, Chung-In Moon, And Chong-Ho No. 2002. Constitutional Handbook On Korean Unification. Major Research Paper; 2002-25. Seoul, Korea: Korea Economic Research Institute.
- Eikemeier, Dieter, Fons Strijbosch, And Keebet Von Benda-Beckmann. 1986. Law, Contract, And Covenant: Aspects Of A Korean Mutual Insurance Venture. Verhandelingen Van Het Koninklijk Instituut Voor Taal-, Land- En Volkenkunde; 116. Dordrecht; Cinnaminson: Foris.
- Ginsburg, Tom. 2004. Legal Reform In Korea. Routledgecurzon Advances In Korean Studies; 5. London; New York: Routledgecurzon.
- Hahm, Pyong-Choon. 1987. The Korean Political Tradition And Law: Essays In Korean Law And Legal History. Monograph Series; No. 1. Seoul, Korea: Published For The Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch By Seoul Computer Press.
- 1986. Korean Jurisprudence, Politics, And Culture. Seoul, Korea: Yonsei University Press.
- 1971. The Impact Of Traditional Legacies On The Contemporary Judicial Process In Korea. Occasional; No. 2. Seoul: ILCORK, Korean Council, Korean Secretariat.
- Haley, John Owen, And T. Susanne Lee. 1983. Trade And Investment In The Republic Of Korea: Materials For A Continuing Legal Education Seminar, June 25, 1983. Seattle, Washington: The Foundation.
- Han, Sung-Soo. 2003. Road To Democratic State Without Corruption: Report Based On The Synthetic Analysis Of Law, Tax And Economy. Seoul, Korea: Istory. Seoul, Korea: Ziumm, Ltd.
- Park, Hwang Mok 2006. Exploring Korean Law: Insights From Insiders. Seoul: Whiz Press.
- Ih, Byung-Sun. 1997. “Cultural Values And Human Rights: The Korean Perspective” In Human Rights In Asian Cultures: Continuity And Changes: A Regional Report In Support Of The UN Decade For Human Rights Education. Osaka: Asia-Pacific Human Rights Information Center (HURIGHTS OSAKA).
- International Association Of Democratic Lawyers. 1952. War Crimes Of The U.S. Forces In Korea And Northeast China: Reports Of The Commission Of The International Association Of Democratic Lawyers. Moscow: Trud.
- International Civil Aviation Organization. 1993. Report Of The Completion Of The Fact-Finding Investigation Regarding The Shooting Down Of Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 (Flight KE 007) On 31 August 1983. Information Paper; Montreal: International Civil Aviation Organization.
- Jordan, Jerald J. 1985. The Soviet Response To Korean Air Lines Flight 007. Ft. Leavenworth, KS; Springfield, VA: US Army Command And General Staff College; National Technical Information Service, Distributor.
- Kang, Inchul, Michael Y. Shin, And Jong Gil Kim. 1999. Investment In Korea: Guide To Korean Laws And Regulations. Seoul: Office Of International Legal Affairs, Ministry Of Justice.
- Kang, Shin-Won. 1996. The Impact Of Environmental Regulations On Total Factor Productivity: Korean Steel Industry. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Colorado School Of Mines.
- Kauzlarich, David. 1994. Nuclear Threats By The United States In The Korean And Vietnam Wars: Toward A Grounded Theory Of International Governmental Crime. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Western Michigan University.
- Kim & Chang. 1989. Korean SEC's New Regulation On Foreign Acquisition Of Korean Shares: A Step Toward The Opening Up Of The Korean Securities Market. Seoul: Kim & Chang.
- Kim, Byoung Youn. 2000. A Comparative Study Of Disclosure System In The United States And Korea: For Improving Disclosure And Liability Schemes In The Korean Securities Market. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Indiana University, 2000.
- Kim, Byung Joon. 1991-03. Korean Waste Management Law And Waste Disposal Forms. USACERL Special Report; N-91/19. Champaign, IL; Springfield, VA: US Army Corps Of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory; Available From The National Technical Information Service.
- Kim, Byung-Joon And Sung-Ho Kim.1994-06. Korean Waste Management Law, Presidential Decree No. 13480, And Prime Minister Order No. 397. USACERL Special Report; EP-94/03. Champaign, IL; Springfield, VA: US Army Corps Of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory; Available From The National Technical Information Service.
- Kim, Ch`An-Jin, University Of Washington, And School Of Law. 2000. Korean Attitudes Towards Law: Prepared For The Centennial Celebration Of The University Of Washington School Of Law, Seattle, Washington, May 3, 2000.
- Kim, Chin. 1995. Korean Law Study Guide. San Diego, CA, U.S.A. San Diego, CA: Cross-Cultural Associates.
- Kim, Chong Sang And Yong Kyun Kim. 1990. Guide To Korean Taxes, 1990. North Ryde, N.S.W: CCH International.
- Kim, Chu-Su. 1958. A Study Of Marriage And Divorce In The New Civil Code Of Korea. Korean Studies Series; V. 1. Seoul: Korean Research Center.
- Kim, El-Lim And Hyon-Mi Pak. 1992. Statute Book On Korean Women. 1992 KWDI Research Report; 200-3. Seoul, Republic Of Korea: Korean Women's Development Institute.
- Kim, Hakseong. 2009. Plea Bargaining In The Civil Law Countries: A Proposal For The Introduction Of Plea-Bargaining In The Korean Criminal Justice System. Dissertation: Dissertation (S.J.D.), Indiana University, 2009
- Kim, Hwa-Jin And Bernard S. Black. 2002. Self-Regulation In The Korean Securities Market. Seoul: Korean Securities Law Association.
- Kim, Hyo-Jon. 2008. The Constitutions Of The Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: Korean Constitutional Law Association.
- Kim, Jasper. 2010. Korean Business Law: The Legal Landscape And Beyond. Durham, N.C: Carolina Academic Press.
- Kim, John J. 1967. Survey Of Korean Law Relevant To Foreign Investment. Seoul: J.J. Kim.
- Kim, Joon-Young. 2006. The Effect Of Regulations On The Korean Mobile Telecommunication Industry. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Claremont Graduate University, 2006.
- Kim, Kab Lae, Bloomington Indiana University, And School Of Law. 2008. Why Going Public Through The Backdoor On The KOSDAQ Market: Structural Problems In The Korean Venture Ecosystem And Solutions. Dissertation: Dissertation (S.J.D.), Indiana University, 2008.
- Kim, Myong-Gi. 1991. The Korean War And International Law. Claremont, CA: Paige Press.
- Kim, Seungjin. 1996. Is Multilateral Rule Making On Investment An Opportunity? A Korean Perspective. KDI Working Papers; 9606. Seoul: Korea Development Institute.
- Kim, Soung Soo. 1990. Balancing Elements In Energy Agreements In Asia: Doctrinal Developments Based On Korean Experiences. Work Paper, Beijing Conference On The Law Of The World. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- Kim, Su-Am. 2006. The North Korean Penal Code, Criminal Procedures, And Their Actual Applications. Studies Series; 06-01. Seoul: Korea Institute For National Unification.
- Kim, Yong-Gu. 2005. A Pursuit Of Truth In The Dokdo Island Issue: Letters To A Young Japanese Man. Korean Cultural Assets; 1. Seoul, Korea: International Cultural Exchange Association.
- Kim, Yong-Hui. 2002. Introduction To Korean Legal Materials. Seoul, Korea: Journal Of Korean Law.
- Kim, Yongjae. 1998. Analyses Of The 1998 Korean Banking Reform And Suggestions To The Future Reform Modeled On The United States. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), University Of Wisconsin
- Kim, Yon-Sung. 1970. Korea: Continental Shelf In The International Law And The Law For Development Of Submarine Mineral Resources. S.I.: S.N.
- Ko, Dong Won. 1996. Financial Liberalization And Internationalization: The Korean Experience. Thesis (S.J.D.), Duke University, 1996.
- Ko, Haksoo. 2007. An Economic Approach To Korean Corporate Structure And Corporate Law. Seoul, Korea: Yonsei University Press.
- Ko, Kwang Ha. 1978. Korean Laws And Policies On Importation Of Foreign Technology. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.), University Of Washington.
- Fair Trade Commission. 1990. Statutes And Regulations On Monopoly Regulation & Fair Trade 1990. Seoul, Korea: The Fair Trade Commission.
- Koo, Hearan Joo. 2000. The Division Of A Professional Service Market: The Case Of Korean Legal Professions. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), University Of Chicago.
- Korea (Republic Of). 1948. Articles For The Government Of The Korean Constabulary. Seoul, Korea: Korea Military Governor.
- 1961. Foreign Investment Encouragement Law With Enforcement Decree And Enforcement By-Law. Seoul, Korea: Government Of The Republic Of Korea.
- 1950-1967. Miscellaneous Korean Tax Laws. Seoul, Korea: Government Of The Republic Of Korea.
- Central Election Management Committee. 1964. Korean Constitution, Election And Political Party Laws. Seoul, Korea: Central Election Management Committee.
- Central Election Management Committee. 1970. Korean Constitution, Election And Political Party Laws. Seoul, Korea: Central Election Management Committee.
- Constitutional Court Of Korea. 2001. Decisions Of The Korean Constitutional Court (1998.9.-1999.12.). Seoul, Korea: Constitutional Court Of Korea.
- Constitutional Court Of Korea. 2002. Decisions Of The Korean Constitutional Court (2000). Seoul, Korea: Constitutional Court Of Korea.
- Economic Planning Board. 1961-1968. Korean Laws. English. Seoul, Korea: Economic Planning Board.
- House Of Representatives. 1958. Selected Laws And Regulations Pertaining To The National Assembly Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: Secretariat, House Of Representatives.
- Korean Constitutional Law Research Institute. 1995. Constitutional And Political Laws Of The Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: Korean Constitutional Law Research Institute.
- Korea Fair Trade Commission. 2005. Competition Laws & Enforcement Decrees. Seoul, Korea: Korea Fair Trade Commission.
- Korean House For International Solidarity In PSPD. 1999. Gross Violations Of Human Rights Under National Security Law. Seoul: Korean House For International Solidarity In PSPD.
- Korean Industrial Property Office. 1992. How To Protect Your Trade Secrets. Taejon, Korea: International Cooperation Division, Korean Industrial Property Office.
- Korean Industrial Property Office. 2000. Industrial Property Laws Of The Republic Of Korea. Taejon, Korea: Korean Industrial Property Office.
- Korean Legal Center. 1964. Laws Of The Republic Of Korea: Six Major Laws With Main Fundamental Procedural, Administrative, And Economic Laws. Seoul, Korea: Korean Legal Center.
- Korean Legal Center. 1969. Laws Of The Republic Of Korea. 2d Ed. Seoul, Korea: Korean Legal Center.
- Korean Legal Center. 1975. Laws Of The Republic Of Korea. 3d Ed. Seoul, Korea: Korean Legal Center.
- Korean Legislation Research Service. 2008. Statutes Of The Republic Of Korea. Seoul: Korea Legislation Research Service.
- Korean Industrial Property Office. 1991. The Korean Industrial Property Laws. Seoul, Korea: Korean Industrial Property Office.
- Korean Overseas Information Service. 1973. Constitution. Seoul, Korea: Korean Overseas Information Service.
- Korean Overseas Information Service. 1980. The Special Committee For National Security Measures Background And Necessity. Seoul, Korea: Korean Overseas Information Service.
- Korean Overseas Information Service. 1987. Constitution, The Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: Korean Overseas Information Service.
- Ministry Of Finance. 1994. Korean Customs And Tariff: 1994. Gwachun, Korea: Customs & Tariff Bureau, Ministry Of Finance.
- Ministry Of Finance. 1996. Korean Taxation, 1996. Seoul, Korea: Ministry Of Finance.
- Ministry Of Finance. 1987. Korean Taxation, 1987. Seoul, Korea: Ministry Of Finance.
- Ministry Of Finance. 1993. Regulations On Foreign Investment. Seoul: Kim & Chang.
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. 1956. Extracts Of Laws And Regulations Governing Aliens And Alien Activities In The Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: Bureau Of Economic Affairs, Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. 1958. Extracts Of Laws And Regulations Governing Aliens And Alien Activities In The Republic Of Korea. Seoul: Korea, Bureau Of Economic Affairs, Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. 1970. The Laws And Regulations Pertaining To Foreign Capital Inducement. Seoul, Korea: Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Republic Of Korea.
- Ministry Of Justice. 1999. Investment In Korea: Guide To Korean Laws And Regulations. Seoul, Korea: Office Of International Legal Affairs, Ministry Of Justice.
- Ministry Of Legislation. 2005. Economic Laws On Foreign Investment In Korea. 5th Ed. Seoul, Korea: Ministry Of Legislation.
- National Assembly Library. 1981. National Assembly Law, Republic Of Korea. Seoul, Korea: National Assembly Library.
- Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea. 1964. Korean Legal System. Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea.
- Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea. 1967. Korean Legal System. Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea.
- Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea. 1970. Korean Legal System. Seoul, Korea: Supreme Court Of Republic Of Korea.
- Kwon, Chan Doo. 2006. Reassessing Korean Legal Culture And The Rule Of Law: Legal History, Constitutional Review And Negotiations. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Faculty Of Law, University Of Sydney.
- Lee, Tae Hee. 1987. Trade And Investment In Korea: An Overview Of Legal And Policy Considerations. Work Paper, Seoul Conference On The Law Of The World, September 6-11, 1987. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- Lee, Beom Chan. 1976. Korean Commercial Law (I). Seoul: Korea.
- Lee, Byong Ho. 1968. Korean Patent And Trademark. Seoul: Hollym Corp.
- Lee, Chae Jin. 2009. A Study On The Investor Protection Scheme In The Korean Asset-Backed Securitization Market. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Indiana University.
- Lee, Dong Heub. 1987. The Influence Of The American Constitution On Korean Constitutional Law. Work Paper, Seoul Conference On The Law Of The World, September 6-11, 1987. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- Lee, Hanjoo. 2007. The Major Influences Of The U.S. Constitutional Law Doctrines On The Interpretation And Application Of The Constitution Of The Republic Of Korea: Critical Analysis On The Current Constitutional Court's Decisions And Thoughts Of The Necessity Of Amendment Of The Current Constitution Of The Republic Of Korea. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Golden Gate University, School Of Law, 2007.
- Lee, Hyock Sup. 1986. The U.S.-Korean Textile Negotiations Of 1969-1972: A Case Study In Relationship Between National Sovereignty And Economic Development. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Golden Gate University, School Of Law, 2007.
- Lee, Jong Geun. 2004. Standards Of Review Under The Equal Protection Clause In The U.S. And Korean Constitution. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), University Of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Lee, Seo-Hang. 1984. South Korean Marine Policy And The Law Of The Sea. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Kent State University, 1984. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University Microfilms International.
- Lewis, Linda Sue. 1986. Mediation And Judicial Process In A Korean District Court. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Columbia University, 1984.
- Lim, Ki Yop. 1999. American And Korean Labor Laws. Comparative Labor Law Monograph Series; 1. Seoul, Korea: Korean Society Of Comparative Labor Law.
- Lyou, Byung-Hwa. 1986. Peace And Reunification In Korea And International Law. Occasional Papers/Reprints Series In Contemporary Asian Studies; No. 2, 1986 (73). Baltimore, Md: School Of Law, University Of Maryland.
- Matthys, Allen W. 1997. Comment 1997 November 24, Washington, D.C. To Food Industry Division, Ministry Of Health And Welfare, Republic Of Korea Re Korean Food Law Changes Relative To The Labeling Of Unpasteurized Fruit And Vegetable Juices. Washington, DC: National Food Processors Association.
- Mccloy, William B., And Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library. 1998. Korean Legal Research At The University Of Washington. Seattle, Wash.: Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library, University Of Washington School Of Law.
- Mckinlay, Duncan E. H.R. 3160, In The House Of Representatives: December 5, 1905, Mr. Mckinlay Introduced The Following Bill, Which Was Referred To The Committee On Foreign Affairs And Ordered To Be Printed: A Bill To Prohibit The Coming Of Japanese And Korean Laborers To The United States. Washington, DC: G.P.O.
- Mo, Jongryn, And David W. Brady. 2009. The Rule Of Law In South Korea. Stanford, CA: Hoover Institution Press, Stanford University.
- Moon Yung Chung Patent Law Office. 1994. Korean Trademark Law And Practice, 1994/1995. Seoul, Korea: Moon Yung Chung Patent Law Office.
- Mueller, Gerhard O.W. 1960. The Korean Criminal Code. The American Series Of Foreign Penal Codes; 2. South Hackensack, N.J: F.B. Rothman.
- Oh, Yung Joo, 2004. International Merger Conflicts Between The U.S. And The EU And Their Implications On Development Of Merger Controls Of The Korean Antitrust Law: A Comparative Study Of The U.S. And EU Competition Laws With The Focus On The Ciba-Geigy/Sandoz, Boeing/Mcdonnell Douglas, And GE/Honeywell Cases. Dissertation: Thesis (J.S.D.), Washington University (Saint Louis, Mo.) School Of Law.
- O'Neill, Frank G. 1955, 56, 58. Digest Of Korean Civil And Criminal Law. San Francisco: United Nations Command, Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea, Public Administration Division.
- 1955. Index Of Korean Law. United States, Army, Korean Civil Assistance Command.
- Pae, Chae-Sik, Nam-Yearl Chai, And Choon-Ho Park. 1981. Korean International Law. Korea Research Monograph; 4. Berkeley: Institute Of East Asian Studies, University Of California, Center For Korean Studies.
- Paik, Choong-Hyun. 2004. International Law In Korean Perspective. Seoul, Korea: Seoul National University Press.
- Pak, Hui-Gwon. 2006. International Law And The Republic Of Korea: A Glimpse Of Current International Legal Issues. Seoul, Korea: Korea Law Of The Sea Society.
- Pak, Pyong-Ho. 1981. Modernization And Its Impact Upon Korean Law. Korea Research Monograph; 3. Berkeley: Institute Of East Asian Studies, University Of California, Center For Korean Studies.
- Park, Byeong-Ho. 1960. Law: A Study On The Legal History Of Korea: Laws Of Sale And Security Of Immovable Property In The Yi Dynasty. Korean Studies Series; No. 4. Seoul: Korean Research Center.
- Park, Chong Kee. 1984. The 1966 Tax Administration Reform, Tax Law Reforms, And Government Saving. Korean Economic Policy Case Studies; No. 5. Honolulu, HI: East-West Population Institute, East-West Center.
- Park, Choon-Ho. 1979. Korea And The Law Of The Sea. For Presentation At The Conference On Korean Legal Institutions And Attitudes, March 26-29, 1979, Institute Of East Asian Studies, University Of California, Berkeley.
- 1971. The Law And Practice Relating To The International Regulation Of Fisheries In Asia With Particular Reference To The Korean-Japanese Dispute. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.), University Of Edinburgh.
- Park, Jang Won. 2000. Laws And Practices On Industrial And Intellectual Property In Korea, 2000. Seoul, Korea: Park, Kim & Partner.
- Park, Min-Gyu. 2001. Public Participation In Korean Administrative Decision-Making And Enforcement. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), University Of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Park, Sang-Chul. 1992. A Survey On The Korean People's Attitude Towards Law: How Can The Principles Of Rule Of Law Be Defined In Korean Society? Seoul, Korea: Korea Legislation Research Institute.
- Park, Seonuk. 2006. Stabilizing And Invigorating The Korean Banking System: A Proposal For A Disciplined Approach. Thesis (S.J.D.), University Of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Park, Sung Jae. 2008. Solutions To Problems Caused By Differences Between U.S. And South Korean Regulations Governing Transfer Pricing Tax Matters: Approaches To Substantive Transfer Pricing Tax Law, Procedural Law, And Tax Evasion Criminal Code. Thesis (S.J.D.), University Of Wisconsin-Madison
- Park, Young-Gil. 1985. An Analytical Study Of The Korean Law On Companies (HOESA). Thesis (Doctoral), University Of Santo Tomás, 1985.
- Rhee, Woo-Young. 2001. Counsel For The Indigent Accused In The United States And The Republic Of Korea: Constitutional Reflections And Suggestions For Changes In The South Korean Criminal Justice System. Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.)-Stanford University, 2001.
- Rochette, Peggy S. And Carolyn Wilson. 1997. Comment 1997 June 26, Washington, D.C. To Ms. Carolyn Wilson, International Trade Specialist, Foreign Agricultural Service, U.S. Department Of Agriculture, Washington, DC Re SPS/KOR/97.0104: Korean Food Code Changes. Washington, DC: National Food Processors Association.
- Ryan, Michael P. And Justine Bednarik. 1995. Negotiation Simulation: Drugs, Books, And Videos: The U.S. - Korean Dispute Over Intellectual Property Rights. Washington, D.C: Institute For The Study Of Diplomacy Publications, School Of Foreign Service, Georgetown University.
- Ryu, Paul Kichyun. 1958. Korean Culture And Criminal Responsibility: An Application Of A Scientific Approach To Law. Dissertation: Thesis (J.S.D.), Yale Law School.
- 1955. A Translation Of The Korean Criminal Code Of October 3, 1953. Cambridge, Mass: Korea (South).
- Sacks, Philip, And Blake Dawson Waldron. 1991. Korean Investment Environment. 2nd Ed. Sydney, N.S.W: Blake Dawson Waldron.
- Samil Accounting Corporation. 1991. Guide To Korean Taxes, 1991 Supplement. North Ryde, N.S.W.: CCH Australia Limited.
- Schoenbaum, Thomas J., And Sang Don Lee. 1990. Doing Business With Korea. Athens, Georgia: Dean Rusk Center For International And Comparative Law, University Of Georgia.
- Scott, Craig L., Stephen G. Wood, And J. Reuben Clark Law School. 1989. Korean Economic Regulation And Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Of American Antitrust Laws. Student Paper.
- Shaw, William. 1979. Social And Intellectual Aspects Of Law Yi Dynasty Korea, 1392-1910. Papers Presented To The Conference On Korean Legal Development, University Of California, Berkeley, March 1979.
- Shin, Hi-Taek. 1990. National Markets In The World Economy: The International Review Of National Regulation Of Foreign Capital Investment-The Korean Case. Dissertation: Thesis (J.S.D.), Yale Law School
- Shin, Woong Shik. 1974. Comparative Analysis Of Korean And American Judicial Systems. Chicago, Ill.: American Judicature Society.
- SLOC Study Group Of Korea, Yonse University. 1993. The Second Korean-Russian Conference On Ocean Affairs: Summary Of A Bilateral Dialogue: September 28-29, 1992, Seoul, Korea. Conference Report. Seoul: Institute Of East And West Studies.
- Song, Ok-Rial. 2002. Three Essays On Theoretical Foundation Of Empowering Shareholders. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Harvard Law School, 2002.
- Song, Sang-Hyon. 1996. Korean Law In The Global Economy. Seoul, Korea: Bak Young Sa.
- 1992. National Report On Korean Law. Dispute Resolution Systems And Legal Culture Series; Session IV.
- 1985. International Trade And Investment With Korean Legal Perspective. Work Paper / Berlin Conference On The Law Of The World, July 21-26, 1985. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- 1996. Korean Law In The Global Economy. New York, NY: New York University School Of Law.
- 1987. Technology Transfer: Korean Experience With Particular Reference Remuneration And Government Regulations. Work Paper, Seoul Conference On The Law Of The World, September 6-11, 1987. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- St. John, Jeffrey. 1984. Day Of The Cobra: The True Story Of KAL Flight 007. Nashville: T. Nelson.
- Takahashi, Akio. 1984. Truth Behind KAL Flight 007. 1st Indian Ed. New Delhi: Sterling Publishers.
- United Nations Command, Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea. 1956. Alphabetical Index And Numerical Listing Of Korean Laws United Nations Command. Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea, United Nations Command.
- United Nations Command, Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea. 1956. Digest Of Korean Civil And Criminal Law. San Francisco: United Nations Command. Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea, United Nations Command.
- United Nations Command. Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea. 1956. Korean Criminal Code. Office Of The Economic Coordinator For Korea, United Nations Command.
- United Nations, Committee On Economic, Social And Cultural Rights. 2008. Implementation Of The International Covenant On Economic, Social And Cultural Rights: Third Periodic Reports Submitted By States Parties Under Articles 16 And 17 Of The Covenant: Republic Of Korea. Geneva: United Nations.
- United States. 1983. Joint Resolution Condemning The Soviet Criminal Destruction Of The Korean Civilian Airliner. Public Law 98-98, 97 Stat. 715. Washington, D.C: U.S. G.P.O.
- House Of Representatives, Committee On Armed Services. 1953. Full Committee Hearing On H.R. 3780, To Continue The Effectiveness Of The Missing Persons Act, As Amended And Extended, Until July 1, 1954, And House Resolution 171, To Inquire Into Certain Operations And Conditions In Korea. Washington, D.C: U.S. G.P.O.
- House Of Representatives, Committee On Foreign Affairs. 1949. Korean Aid: Hearings Before The United States House Committee On Foreign Affairs, Eighty-First Congress, First Session, On June 8, 9, 14-17, 20, 21, 23, 1949. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.
- Senate, Committee On Commerce. 1970. South Korean Vessels Off Alaska: Hearing, Ninety-First Congress, Second Session, On South Korean Vessels Off The Alaskan Coast, June 25, 1970. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Print. Off.
- University Of Washington, Asian Law Program. 1996. A Korean-English Legal Glossary. Seattle, Wash.: University Of Washington School Of Law.
- Von Hoffmann, Bernd, And Myong Chan Hwang. 1999. Developments In Land Law: Reports And Discussions Of A German-Korean Symposium Held In Berlin And Trier On July 21-24, 1997. Studien Zum Vergleichenden Und Internationalen Recht; Bd. 50. New York: P. Lang.
- 1997. The Public Concept Of Land Ownership: Reports And Discussions Of A German-Korean Symposium Held In Seoul On October 7-9, 1996. Studien Zum Vergleichenden Und Internationalen Recht; Bd. 43. Frankfurt Am Main; New York: P. Lang.
- Wagner, Stanley. 1989. Law In East Asia, Korea: Materials For A Course On Korean Law, B542A, Spring Quarter 1989. Seattle, Wash.: School Of Law, University Of Washington.
- Wang, Sanghan, And Joo-Hyung Jang. 1998. Reforming Korean Laws For Encouraging Foreign Direct Investment. Seoul: Financial Times Conferences.
- Weissberg, Guenter. 1966. Recent Developments In The Law Of The Sea And The Japanese-Korean Fishery Dispute. The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff.
- West, James, And Jae Won Kim. 2001. A Critical Discourse On Korean Law And Economy. Busan, Korea: Hanguel.
- Wilkinson, William Henry, China, And Hai Guan Zong Shui Wu Si Shu. 1897. The Korean Government Constitutional Changes, July 1894 To October 1895: With An Appendix On Subsequent Enactments To 30th June 1896. Shanghai: Statistical Department Of The Inspectorate General Of Customs.
- Witherspoon, John A. 1968. International Law And Practice Concerning Prisoners Of War During The Korean Conflict (1950-1954). Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.), Duke University, 1968. Ann Arbor, Mich: University Microfilms International.
- Y.H. Park's Patent And Law Office. 1979-1986. The Newest Table Of Korean Classification Of Goods. Korea: Park's.
- Yang, Chong-Sung. 2003. Cultural Protection Policy In Korea: Intangible Cultural Properties And Living National Treasures. Korean Studies Dissertation Series; No. 3. Seoul, Korea; Edison, NJ: Jimoondang.
- Yang, Meongcho. 1983. Industrialization, Concentration, And Competition Policy: The Korean Antitrust Law, Comparative And International Aspects. Dissertation: Thesis (S.J.D.), Tulane University, 1983. New Orleans: Tulane School Of Law.
- Yang, Seungdoo. 1985. Broken Family: A Brief Description Of Legal Causes Of Divorce Or Annulment And Procedures In The Korean Family Law. Work Paper, Berlin Conference On The Law Of The World, July 21-26, 1985. Washington, D.C: World Peace Through Law Center.
- Yi, Sang-Gyu, And World Jurist Association. 1991. Evolution Of Korean Environmental Law And Pursuit Of Regional Environmental Cooperation. Barcelona Conference On The Law Of The World. Washington, D.C: World Jurist Association.
- Yoo, Hyun, And William T. Burke. 1972-12. Background And Analysis Of The Korean Fishing Industry. Seattle, Wash.: University Of Washington School Of Law.
- Yoo, Young Dae. 1960. Suggestions For The Improvement Of Korean Educational Laws In Terms Of The Democratic Principles. Dissertation: Thesis (Ed. D.), George Peabody College For Teachers, June 1960.
- Yoon, Dae Kyu. 1991. Law & Political Authority In South Korea. IFES Korean Studies Series; No. 2. Boulder, CO; Seoul: Westview Press; Kyungnam University Press.
- Yoon, Dae Kyu. 1996. New Developments In Korean Constitutionalism: Changes And Prospects. Occasional Papers; No. 1. London: Dept. Of Law, School Of Oriental And African Studies, University Of London.
- Yu, Ki-Ch`On. 1958. Korean Culture And Criminal Responsibility An Application Of A Scientific Approach To Law. Dissertation: Thesis (J.S.D.), Yale Law School, 1958.
- 1955. A Translation Of The Korean Criminal Code Of October 3, 1953. Cambridge: Visiting Scholars Program, Harvard University.
- Yun, Tae-Gyu. 2000. Recent Transformations In Korean Law And Society. Seoul, Korea: Seoul National University Press.
- 2008. Korean Development Of Democracy And Law. Seoul, Korea: Hanguk Popche Yonguwon.
 The United States is also in negotiations of a regional, Asia-Pacific trade agreement, known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement, Office of the United States Trade Representative, https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements.
 Daehanminguk Hunbeob [대한민국 헌법][Constitution] (Oct. 29, 1987) art. 73 (S. Kor.).
 Daehanminguk Hunbeob [대한민국 헌법][Constitution] (Oct. 29, 1987) art. 60(1) (S. Kor.). This limitation of treaties which are subject to the consent by the National Assembly started from the 1948 Constitution while the types of treaties enumerated have been changed. If there is a conflict between the President and the National Assembly regarding what treaties are subject to the consent, the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Korea has the jurisdiction.
 Daehanminguk Hunbeob [대한민국 헌법][Constitution] (Oct. 29, 1987) art. 6(1) (S. Kor.).
 Treaties are primary sources of law in Korea. Korea signed the 1969 Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties on November 27, 1969 and later ratified it on April 27, 1977.Treaty-Making of Korea (우리나라의 조약체결), http://perma.cc/ADL4-RU9L.
 However, the judges in South Korea look at previous cases form the Supreme Court of South Korea as guidance.
 It also provides a disclaimer as follows: This information is to improve the understanding of Korean laws and policy. Readers are responsible for obtaining exact legal information by themselves or from their own legal counsel. N.B.: Any inconsistency or defect in English version shall be decided by the Korean text.
 LAWnB is a fee-based subscription database that contains approximately 74,000 laws, 150,000 cases, 130,000 administrative materials, 90,000 treaties, articles, and periodicals, 85,000 tax cases, 20,000 lawyers information, 4500 corporations legal information, and 70,000 legal news articles. See LAWnB, http://www.lawnb.com/.